The 2016 St. John the Baptist Parish Andouille Festival will be held October 14-16, 2016. It features music, good times and of course great food featuring Andouille, the delectable sausage for which the festival was named. Every year housands of people merge upon the festival grounds for fun filled weekend, highlighted by cooking contest in which contestants prepared their recipes using andouille in three categories: gumbos, jambalayas, and miscellaneous dishes. The festival is presented by St. John the Baptist Parish and is held at the 2900 Hwy. 51 next to the St. John Center.
|Friday 6 pm - Midnight||Adults $3, Children Ages 3-12 $1|
|Saturday 11 am - Midnight||Adults $3 Children Ages 3-12 $1|
|Sunday 11 am - 9 pm||Adults $3, Children Ages 3-12 $1|
What can you bring?
- Wheelchairs and medical scooters are permitted. Push-Strollers for children are permitted.
- No dogs / Pets allowed at the festival. Only service dogs are allowed.
- Folding Chairs are permitted and encouraged!
- Weapons, illicit drugs, and other contraband are strictly prohibited.
- Bicycles or other wheeled personal transport devices (e.g. skateboards, Segways, go-peds, etc.) are not allowed on Festival grounds.
- Video and audio recording equipment is prohibited.
- No unauthorized vending.
- No outside beverages.
Last years weather was average 83 degrees during the day and down to 58 F at night.
During the Day: Hats, Sun screen, sunglasses, comfortable shoes.
During the Night: Although this is the perfect season to be outdoors in South Louisiana, some nights can get a little chilly, so dress appropriately!
To learn more about the Andouille Festival please contact
St. John the Baptist Parish Dept. of Economic Development
1801 W. Airline Hwy.
LaPlace LA 70068
Phone: (985) 652-9569